It’s that time of year again in Southeast Texas. The heat and humidity of late spring and summer provide the perfect conditions for mosquitoes to invade yards and homes, causing homeowners frustrati…Read More
Pest Control Advice
There are several things a homeowner can do for home pest control and insect control to help prevent infestations. To help keep your home safe from pests, check out these pest control tips:
- Seal cracks in your home’s exterior to keep pests like ants, spiders and cockroaches from getting inside.
- Be sure all doors and windows are properly sealed with tight-fitting screens and weather stripping.
- Don’t leave uncovered food sitting out. It will attract flies that will land on it and spread harmful bacteria.
- Consider storing clothing in plastic boxes or pouches to prevent fabric pests from getting to them.
- Ensure the attic and crawlspace have sufficient ventilation. Research has shown that proper ventilation creates an environment unsuitable for cockroaches and other pests. It also improves the heating and cooling efficiency of the home.
- Do not allow pet food to sit out overnight, inside or outside.
- Remove any piles of debris, stones, bricks, etc., around your home. These can serve as a harborage for pests, especially rodents.
By implementing some of these home pest control tips, you can dramatically reduce the chance of an infestation in your house. If you have questions about pest control, or would like to schedule an inspection and analysis, contact us! We’ll create a customized treatment plan that will work best for your home.