The thought of a rodent infestation is enough to make some homeowners think about packing up their belongings and moving. Having mice and rats scurrying around your home is unnerving, potentially haza…Read More
Quality Katy Cockroach Control
As a homeowner, you likely take great pride in keeping your home well maintained. Unfortunately, for some Texas homeowners, even routine maintenance and upkeep cannot ward off a cockroach infestation. The well-trained exterminators at Pest Arrest have more than 20 years of experience in keeping Katy homes free of roaches, and if you’re concerned you may have an infestation, our team is here to help. Contact us at 281-825-5659 to learn more about our high-quality cockroach control!
Common Texas Roaches
There are more than 4,600 known species of cockroaches out there, and about 30 of those are associated with human habitats. Some common types of roaches located in the state of Texas include:
- American Cockroach. This type of cockroach is often reddish-brown in color and there may be a yellow ring outlining the area behind its head. These roaches are the largest of the home-infesting variety and may grow to be around three inches long.
- Smoky Brown Cockroach. These roaches are brownish-black in color and have strong wings. They can grow to be about 1.5 inches long and prefer to hide out in cracks and crevices near food and moisture.
- German Cockroach. These roaches also have wings, but rarely fly. They are a small variety of roach, growing to be about one inch long. They are usually light brown in color and have two horizontal stripes behind their head.
- Oriental Cockroach. These roaches have smooth, dark brown or black bodies and grow to be just over an inch long. Male Oriental Cockroaches have wings that run three-quarters of the way down their backs while females have no wings.
These are just a few of the most common types of roaches that make themselves at home in Texas. If you’ve spotted one of these pests in your home, it is essential to contact a cockroach control professional as soon as possible to ward off a serious infestation.
Dangers of Cockroach Infestation
If allowed to invade and infest a home, cockroaches come with many dangers that you should be aware of, including:
- Food contamination. From human food and plants to paper and leather, cockroaches will eat just about anything. As they eat our food, the contaminate surfaces with their feces, dead skin, and egg shells.
- Rapidly worsening infestation. Roaches reproduce very rapidly. German cockroaches, in particular, lay capsules that contain 30 to 48 eggs that take less than a month to hatch, causing a rapid influx in the number of cockroaches in your home.
- Allergies and asthma. The saliva and shed skin castings of cockroaches may contain hundreds of allergens. This can cause allergic reactions and asthma for you and your family members.
If you suspect cockroaches have made their way in your home, time is of the essence. Contacting a reputable cockroach control company like Pest Arrest can help you avoid these health concerns.
Protect Your Katy Home!
Pest Arrest provides Top Rated Local® pest control services, including cockroach control, to residents of the Katy area. We’d be happy to provide a free inspection of your home to determine if roaches are present, how they got in, where they are at, what conditions attracted them, and what can be done to eliminate the infestation. In addition to our inspection, we’ll devise a customized plan to eradicate any active roaches and keep them from coming back. With a variety of service plan options, quality performance, and affordable prices, you won’t find another local pest control company that’s more qualified than Pest Arrest. Contact us today to request your free inspection!