How To Avoid Mosquito Bites In Spring
March 01, 2021 - Mosquitoes
Mosquito Nuisance & Danger
Mosquitoes are some of the most dangerous disease vectors in the United States, spreading malaria, West Nile virus, and the Zika virus. Some species can even transmit parasite eggs into unwitting victims, causing chronic health conditions.
Mosquito bites are large, itchy, and unwelcome additions to any outdoor activity. In some cases, victims may develop serious allergies to mosquito bites, putting them at an even higher risk of physical illness.
If mosquito populations are posing a problem to you or your family, schedule a no-obligation home inspection today to assess the size and scope of the infestation.
Spring Mosquito Prevention
The best way to deal with mosquitoes is to prevent them from ever getting on your property. Here are some tips you can use to protect yourself against mosquitoes this spring:
- Repair any moisture problems in your home.
- Fix any holes or gaps in your home’s exterior.
- Mow the lawn often.
- Keep pool and fountain pumps running often.
- Wear mosquito repellent outdoors.
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants like mint, lemongrass, or eucalyptus.
Of course, once they become a problem, mosquitoes are incredibly difficult to deal with on your own.
Why Home Prevention Doesn’t Always Work For Mosquito Swarms
There are many ways to get rid of mosquitoes, but they aren’t all equally effective. There are quite a few homeowners who believe they can control their summertime mosquito hordes with DIY mixtures, home remedies, and over-the-counter products. Unfortunately, this is not true.
While some home prevention may help to manage or prevent more aggressive mosquito activity in the yard, the fact is that established infestations require hard-hitting treatment programs and a wide expanse of expertise. Home remedies do not necessarily cover all these bases. In fact, DIY methods may actually produce negative effects:
- Expensive products or materials that end up not working
- Cost of time for little to no reward
- The accidental attraction of mosquito populations instead of their negation (as with bug zappers)
It’s also important to note the difference between repelling and killing mosquitoes. According to some studies, repelling mosquitoes will keep them away from you by making you less attractive to them (they’re attracted to the carbon dioxide from our breath, elements of our sweat, and maybe even beer, according to some studies).
Pest Arrest Mosquito Control
Pest Arrest has just the tools and experience you need to eliminate any mosquito problem you might be facing. When you sign on for reliable mosquito control services in Spring, TX from Pest Arrest, this is what you can expect:
- We carry out an initial inspection to locate areas of mosquito infestations on the property and identify conditions that allow current populations to thrive.
- We apply treatment products in places where they will work effectively against ticks and mosquitoes, including tall grass or overgrown areas, fence lines, transitional spaces, bushes, and other shrubs.
- We treat standing water sources and other problematic areas of the yard with a fast-acting product that prevents mosquito larvae from growing into sexually mature adults.
- All mosquito treatments are complete with helpful, professional advice on ways to maintain a happy, healthy, and pest-free property.
Don’t let mosquitoes take a bite out of you this spring and summer. When you are ready to bite back against the pests invading your summertime fun, contact Pest Arrest immediately.
Recent Blog Articles
August 13, 2021
When fleas are first introduced into the home, most people dismiss them as mosquito bites. But it doesn't take long to understand that you have a problem. ...Read More
July 15, 2021
Did you know that 700,000 people worldwide die annually from mosquito-borne diseases? Did you know that mosquitos kill more living things than any other sp...Read More